B18 - Silent Night Tour
In the year 1818 the song "silent night, holy night” was heard the first time in St. Nikola church in Oberndorf near Salzburg. This church was destroyed by a high water replace, therefor the "Stille-Nacht-Kapelle” is a compensation.
Oberndorf is about 20 kilometers north of the city Salzburg and has as „silence night municipalities" attained worldwide fame. Joseph Mohr was employed at a priests here, Franz Xaver Gruber as teacher. The two men met only once in life for two years and managed the song. The strength and the magic of this song is almost two hundred years later well known. Many legends and romantic histories entwine around that aurochs performance of the song "silent night, holy night ".